Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some recent news photos

Just to give an idea of how bad the rain is here in Israel...I'm sharing some pictures of the flooding all over the country from various news papers.

Flooding in the city center of Netanya

The main highway into Tel Aviv, flooded

The main highway into Tel Aviv again...look at how crowded the local highway is!

Oh and here's a link to a video of one of the shopping malls flooding.  Notice how high the water is outside the glass doors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mlMNxXGd9hU

The rain is supposed to stop tomorrow, Friday, and I hope it does.  The hail is also not so pleasant and it is supposed to snow A LOT (several inches) in Jerusalem.  The Jerusalem Mayor is excited about snowball fights with his family.  I think I just might need to build an ark to float out of this holy land...For now I'm just doing my best to stay dry and warm!

Here are two pictures of Mt. Sinai in Egypt's Sinai region...

Right now...

Normally


No comments:

Post a Comment