Wow, what a whirl wind the last month has been. Since my last update, I have traveled to the USA with Debby. We spent a day in NYC, then I went up to Troy and then onto Pittsburgh about 20 hours later. I went to a conference in Pittsburgh, returned to Troy and Debby came up and met me and we spent Thanksgiving and the next 10 days with my family. It was a lot of fun! We went to Lake Placid for a day, had a quick trip to Northampton for hair cuts and did lots and lots of shopping! I also spent about 10 straight days before my trip doing nothing but preparing for the conference I was about to head to...working 12+ hour days for 10 straight days is NO FUN!
I'm back now in Haifa, suffering from a little bit of jet lag, although I still say I don't get jet lagged, just thrown off by lack of sleep on the flight. Getting myself back into the swing of things. I left the cold of the northeastern US, and missed the heat wave in Israel to come back to the rain, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Despite being soaked after hitting up the shuk, smiliar to a really large farmer's market in the USA, I am proud to say that Debby and I have restocked the fridge with lots of and lots veggies and managed to grab a few things for the freezer as well. Debby even made us some barley soup and I made some bread. So all, in all, I'm ready to start work tomorrow!
Be on the look out for pictures from my trip this week and for pictures of the Christmas tree and other decorations around the apartment. :-)
I'm back now in Haifa, suffering from a little bit of jet lag, although I still say I don't get jet lagged, just thrown off by lack of sleep on the flight. Getting myself back into the swing of things. I left the cold of the northeastern US, and missed the heat wave in Israel to come back to the rain, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Despite being soaked after hitting up the shuk, smiliar to a really large farmer's market in the USA, I am proud to say that Debby and I have restocked the fridge with lots of and lots veggies and managed to grab a few things for the freezer as well. Debby even made us some barley soup and I made some bread. So all, in all, I'm ready to start work tomorrow!
Be on the look out for pictures from my trip this week and for pictures of the Christmas tree and other decorations around the apartment. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment