Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A few more pictures from Jerusalem

Here are a few more pictures from my trip to Jerusalem this weekend.  I've also updated a few of the captions in the photo album (link in the previous post).  I know that I need to caption a number of other things.  It just all takes time!

So a few details about my trip...I went with my friend's Jon, Lisa, Nilesh and Tony for the weekend.  We spent one night in the new city and one night in the old city.  We saw lots of sights including the Muslim, Armenian and Christian Quarters, the Western (Wailing) Wall, the church of the Sepulchre, Dormition Abbey, the place where the last supper took place, the Mount of Olives, a large number of the gates into the old city and some amazing views.  I also ate some amazing Armenian and Georgian food.  It was so much fun and so excellent!  I'm really looking forward to going back with my mom in a few weeks and doing the Jewish Quarter of the old city, the Rampart's walk and some places in the new city.




View of the old City

Georgian wine.  It wasn't bad either!

The cool gate to the Georgian Restaurant

Procession into the Church of the Sepulchre





This cross carved into the Sepulchre wall was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment