In a week, Rosh Hashanah will be here. Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, the name literally means "head of then year". If you want to read more about Rosh Hashanah, click here! For Rosh Hashanah, my friend Michal is having some of us over. Here parents are away, one of her brother's lives in NYC and her other brother is going to the in-laws place, so she is having a bunch of us gentiles and Jews over to celebrate. Mark, Michal, Augy (the dog) and I will be cooking up a storm for the holiday. I can't wait!
After Rosh Hashanah, there is Yom Kippur and then Sukkot. Last year I arrive during Sukkot...I'll talk all about the other holiday's as they get closer...
Other than the upcoming holiday's and lots of work, life is pretty quiet in Israel for me. I have an appointment to renew my visa so that I can stay in Israel for another year. Nearly every Friday a group of us get together and have Shabbat dinner. I spend a few hours every Saturday at the beach and it is glorious. Life in Israel is going well. Oh and Sara Green will be here on the 27th of September! I can't wait!!!!
After Rosh Hashanah, there is Yom Kippur and then Sukkot. Last year I arrive during Sukkot...I'll talk all about the other holiday's as they get closer...
Other than the upcoming holiday's and lots of work, life is pretty quiet in Israel for me. I have an appointment to renew my visa so that I can stay in Israel for another year. Nearly every Friday a group of us get together and have Shabbat dinner. I spend a few hours every Saturday at the beach and it is glorious. Life in Israel is going well. Oh and Sara Green will be here on the 27th of September! I can't wait!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment