Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Holiday of Holiday's event

This weekend was the start of the Holiday of Holiday's event.  It was a lot of fun!  It celebrates the Islamic, Jewish, Christian and Baha'i holidays which all occur in the month of December.  Every weekend in the month of December there are art exhibits and music and a street fair.  It's a lot of fun.  I went on Thursday night and Saturday during the day.  I'm looking forward to going again next week and bringing my good DSLR camera.  For now, here are a few pictures from this weekend's events!

Trying to get a pic of the Baha'i Gardens and Shrine at Night

Christmas Decorations on a house in the Arab Quarter/German Colony

Some of the cool sculptures in Wadi Nisnas (The Arab Quarter).  This is a chair.

Cool planter

One of the many pieces of art on the buildings in Wadi Nisnas

Mom and Dad, look! A store selling Christmas decorations!!!

A man with his giant snake at the street fair

As the street fair ended and the sun started to set, we went to the Baha'i Gardens.

So pretty!

Myself, Lisa and Emil at the Baha'i Gardens.

More to come soon, I promise!  Life is just getting busy and a bit hectic here...so you'll probably have to wait until next week. Next weekend I'll be heading to the Holiday of Holidays events and to Daliat el Carmel.  Ok, back to work for me... I hope everyone is doing well!  I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment