Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The gym in Israel

I joined the gym here in Israel.  It's the fancy one close to my house, that gives you a personal trainer once a week.  It's nice!  However, one thing I don't like about the gyms in Israel is lifting in kilograms...I know that 10kg is 22lbs, however I like see 22 better than 10 on the machine.  Also, having to do the conversions is annoying, even if it is only dividing by 2.  I don't go to the gym for any mental stimulation!

Yesterday, I successfully managed to get my hair cut.  It was nerve racking as I've been seeing the same hair dresser for the last 7 or 8 years and I barely even had to tell her what to do anymore.  I miss it!  This was also a panic attack inducing experience because I don't even know the words for hair, short of blonde in Hebrew and I was worried that the stylist might not speak as much English as he claimed he did.  Luckily he did and all went fine!  At the end, when he was done cutting my hair, he said "Now time for the good part, I design the hair!" That was fantastic!

This weekend begins the Holiday of Holiday's celebration.  I can't wait!  I'm going to events on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!  It sounds exciting!!! And I can't wait to see Christmas trees alight lining the street in front of the Bah'i Gardens.  It just seems like it will be an interesting dichotomy.  It goes for the next few weeks.

Hope everyone is well!  Miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. What did "design the hair" look like??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post pictures :-) No worries! It's not a new style at all...I bring one of the same 3 pics every time I get my hair cut!

    ReplyDelete