Went to Israel for a few years to do a post-doc in biomedical engineering at the Technion -Israel Technical University. Ended up staying in Israel for a job at a kick-ass start up, here in Start-up Nation. Now living in Tel Aviv. Check out my adventures in moving, culture shock, learning Hebrew, travel and whatever else comes to mind while I'm trying to make my way in a totally new place!
Saturday, June 2, 2012
A Day with Smithies
Today, I got to spend the day with a Smith friend. It was great! We met up and went to the German Colony for lunch with Mark and checked out the bottom of the Baha'i Gardens. Then we went up to Mercaza Carmel and walked the Louis Promenade and checked out the very top of the Gardens. After that we went to a beer fest at my favorite bar, the Bear. My Smith friend is currently doing an archeological dip up in the north of Israel near the Lebanon border. She's coming to Haifa University in the fall. It was great to show her around the city and help her get a taste of my favorite places in Haifa. I can only hope that when she gets here for the year in October she likes Israel as much as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment