Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Israeli Mail System

Today, I had my first experience going to a post office that was not on the Technion campus.  I get most of my mail sent to my office because then the packages arrive and I don't have to go to the post office and it's secure, mail doesn't blow away in the wind! (Yes, I have not gotten bills because they blew out of the mailbox at my apartment in the wind!) I had a note on my door when I got home last night telling me there was a package for me a the post office.  I couldn't quite figure out which post office, so I went to the one nearest to me after 10 AM to figure things out.  Well, it was the wrong post office for starters. Also, the package was for my landlords and without a copy of their ID card, I was allowed to pick it up.  So, I called my landlord and told her that there was a package for her waiting at the post office, and at this point I even knew which post office.  She asked me to pick it up.  I explained to her that they wouldn't let me.  Her response was "This damn country and their security issues!" I guess she didn't want to drive the hour here to get a package, that is most likely from the city yelling at her for not paying the taxes on the apartment properly...

No comments:

Post a Comment