Well, winter is nearly over here. The weather is getting nicer and nicer everyday. I don't have to sleep in sweat pants, socks and a hoodie anymore...well hopefully I won't have to again after last night. This week is Purim! What is Purim you ask, click here for the wikipedia page, or you can keep reading for my brief description. So it's a celebration of the Jews escaping Ancient Persia and a plot to kill them by Haman. It's in the book of Ester. It's celebrated much like Halloween, with parties, costumes and candy. My friend Mark and I had a good time picking out costumes this weekend :-)
My Mom arrives on Friday! I'm working on planning more of the details of our trip while I wait for the computer man to come and fix my computer. Currently, the trip is looking something like this...Friday (9th of March) Mom arrives in the late afternoon/early evening. Saturday and Sunday, we're doing sites in Haifa - The Baha'i Gardens, German Colony, Wadi Nisnas, Shuk, Musesums, Promenade. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we'll be in Jerusalem. I'm trying to decide if we should sign up for a day tour while we're there. We're staying in the New City, but we're going to see all the highlights of the old city and the Israel Museum. I can't wait! Thursday, we'll spend the day in Akko. I haven't been there yet, so that is going to require the most planning. Friday, we'll just kind of hangout and probably head to the beach in Haifa. Saturday will be a nice relaxing day with brunch and a beach trip. Saturday night it's St. Patrick's day! (All those in Noho, have a steamer or 4 for me please!) Sunday, we'll head to Tel Aviv and Monday morning my Mom leaves. It's going to be a fun and not overly packed week of travel. I'm really looking forward to it!
Here's a little picture of what it looks like outside right now...this is from the window in the hallway closest to my office.
I hope everyone is well. Miss you all lots! I'll be posting a lot while my Mom is here!

No comments:
Post a Comment