Well, there was no trip to the science museum today. Instead I spent the day cleaning my apartment and making formatting edits to my dissertation. After 17 hours of frustration the edits are done and submitted. I only submitted them 36 hours late. I neglected to see the little line in red with the due date, oops! I figure since I didn't get a nasty email telling me they were late, no one will care. If I had been in the states it would have only taken about an hour. So annoying! The cleaning was much more exciting than the editing! Next weekend I will check out the science museum.
So one very funny thing I have discovered here is transliteration. My name gets spelled out in Hebrew on a regular basis. Generally people make my first name Mollykatlin, all one word because middle names don't exist here. That's fine with me, my passport does say Molly Katlin in it. However the funniest thing is when people transliterate my name from Hebrew back to english. My name is always spelled Mali then. That just makes me laugh, as I am not a country! Hahaha
I'm exploring my coffee options here more. Today I ordered a macchiato. Now, I've enjoyed this delicious espresso beverage on many an occasion before, but one thing I have never had with it, is a shot of seltzer water. I was confused as to whether I should be drinking the seltzer or adding it to my drink. Still not sure what I was supposed to do, so I drank it after the fact. I need to figure out the word for seltzer/bubbly/gassy water in Hebrew, so I can buy some at the store. As most people know I have an unnatural addiction to the stuff and this is the first time I have had it since I arrived in Haifa! The horror!
Well, time for me to finish up my coffee and pay my bill as I have to cook dinner and do my Hebrew homework. I'm still trying to go to my favorite cafes periodically so that no one forgets me. I still get greeted by name at Kios, which I appreciate! I miss everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment