I've been doing lots of exploring lately. Going to Carmel Center, which is a part of the city, and meeting friends for dinner, drinks and dancing. It's been a lot of fun! I'll post some pictures soon, I promise! I am going to Madatech, the science museum, this weekend for sure. I'm really looking forward to that. From what I've read, it's a lot like the Boston science museum.
I really love how the handy-man for the department will sometimes just walk into my office. Say something to me in Hebrew, I have no idea what he is saying, make me unplug my computer from the internet and then he'll start doing something. (Lab renovations are not complete and all the internet ports in the office aren't fully functional. My cable currently runs across the entire office as a wait high tripping hazard!) Today's adventure was that he came in to fix my chair. It wasn't a big deal that the one arm had come off, but apparently to him it was. I hadn't even asked to have it fixed as we're getting new chairs on Sunday. Today he came in and tried to start fixing my chair with me in it! I finally got up, which I think helped him out. He then took the broken chair away and gave me another chair that isn't broken, but also isn't the most comfortable...oh well.
I can't lie, that I am not at all surprised that there here are Kosher McDonald's here! They have a blue sign instead of a red sign. Two separate kitchens and dinning areas, one side is for meat and the other side is for dairy. Have no fears there are also regular American McDonalds, also. I have not actually seen a kosher McDonald's, but I've heard about them and apparently there are a number of them in Jerusalem. I'll be taking a picture of that when I come across it!
Hope everyone is doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment