Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fully Furnished Apartment

Well, first things first, today was supposed to be my first Hebrew class.  Unfortunately, the room was locked, so there was no class. :-(  But I did get to finish assembling my furniture!  Here are a few pictures of my apartment, which I have now finished unpacking and feel all moved into!!!

My Bedroom portion of the studio.  I need to get a third curtain, or three new ones to cover the window fully, but that will happen.

Living room, complete with pull out couch - whose coming to visit first?  My Mom comes in March!

Another view of the living room

My table, this was in the apartment when I moved in!  Not quite fully organized.

Closet and bookcase.  I didn't have to assemble the bookcase!

Bathroom

If one can believe it, my bathroom is smaller than the one at 31 Trumbull, but the shower is much larger!  How they made that happen I don't know, but I am happy about it!

My dresser, extra chairs and drying rack!

I'll include a pic of the kitchen once I have the washing machine all installed!  I have a few observations to make about life in Israel.  The first is something I love, and that is fact that people bring their dogs to all the cafes and bars.  They bring them inside or sit outside with them!  The second is that the feral cat population can be likened to the squirrel population back home.  I miss the squirrels.  The third is that not only can people here not drive or park, they use their horns more often in a week than I will probably ever use the horn in all the cars I will own combined!  Hope everything is going well for all of you!

2 comments: