Thursday, October 20, 2011

I really left a week ago?

It's hard to believe that I left a week ago today!  I feel like I've been in Israel longer than that!  Most things are closed until sun down tonight as it is the end of the week long fall harvest holiday.  I went for a run this morning, after much hydrating, which required me to begin the hydration process all over again.  I guess it's night running for me on the track by my house.  The sun is way too intense here!  I then took a 2 hour long walk around town and got a little more of the lay of the land.  I think I'm starting to get an idea of where things are and what is up hill and what is down hill from me.  There are a lot of hills in Haifa!  A lot of very large hills!

Tonight I'm having dinner with Jon and Lisa.  Jon is an American post-doc in the biomedical engineering department at the Technion and he and I emailed a lot before my arrival.  I'm looking forward to finally meeting him.  Hopefully tomorrow I can take a little trip somewhere before the buses stop running, but I also have some errands and chores which I need to take care of, so it might be another day of wandering around Neve Sha'anan and the Ziv.

Hope everyone is doing well!  I promise I'll have internet soon, so I can Skype/FaceTime and actually talk to people more!

No comments:

Post a Comment